During the pandemic, when we are bombarded with news of climbing COVID rates, it’s difficult not to feel afraid. When we leave our homes, we even have to wear a visible sign of this caution – our face masks. It’s easy to become overwhelmed with anxiety this year. So, today we thought it would be good to go back to the basics of our faith. Please take a few quiet moments and prayerfully read some of the many verses in the Bible that can reassure us of God’s protection and comfort.
– “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.” (Psalm 23:4)
– “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
– “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
– “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
– “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
-“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” (Romans 15:13)
-“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)